heart in hand
by
Douglas Messerli
Emma
Westenberg (director) Lucky Strike / 2019 [4 minutes] [music video]
Sitting
on a California beach, Troye Sivan, clearly having a crush on the beach
bartender (Brandon Good), begs his would-be lover to “Tell me all the ways to
love you.”
Oh,
I want to know just how to love you
The
jewel of California
Oh
I want to skip stones on your skin boy
And
drown me in your water
And
my boy like a queen,
Unlike
one you’ve ever seen
He
knows how to love me better
A
hit of dopamine, higher than I’ve ever been
He
knows how to love me better
Cause
you’re safe like spring time
Short
days, long nights, boy
Tell
me all the ways to love you
Cause
you taste like lucky strikes,
You
drag, I light, boy
Tell
me all the ways to love you
Clearly this man has the young man’s heart
in his hands, as Sivan begs for a way to be able to fully express his love.
Is it sad or joyful? In this case, it’s hard
to tell, particularly if his wondrous day with the bartender is simply one of
his imagination. There is a strong sense of longing here that is missing from
some of his more joyous videos.
Los
Angeles, September 7, 2026
Reprinted
from My Queer Cinema blog (September 2026).



No comments:
Post a Comment